Friday, August 27, 2010

What's Black and White and Red all over????

My newest purse design is Black and White and Red all over!!!
I had a friend call and request a new purse for football season. Her son is going to be playing High School football and their mascot is the Zebra with school colors being red, white, and black. I tried to incorporate football into the design, but wasn't thrilled with my options. Zebra print is very popular right now so that fabric was not hard to find. After much searching and thinking I decided to embrace the zebra print and just make sure the school colors were represented. I added some black beaded fringe to pull everything together. There are a few inside pockets as well as a magnetic snap closure.

I had so much fun sewing this purse and hope it will show lots of school spirit during all the football games this season. GO ZEBRAS!!!!!





I am linking up to a few blogs that I have recently come across and sharing my creations!


Creations by Kara


Photobucket

Get Your Craft On Tuesday

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks great - I'm sure she'll love it!

Haylee said...

Beautiful purse. My friend would go nuts for it. Great job!

Paulette said...

I love it! I really like the trim on the front too.

Larri said...

So cute! I love how it matches your blog. :o) Stopping by from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Larri at Seams Inspired

p.s.phyllis sews said...

You did a fabulous job incorporating the colors and the mascot into a bag that would not be considered a sports bag at all!

Michelle said...

How cute is that? I love it!

Nina... said...

Such a fancy and flirty purse you have created, sure to turn some heads in envy! I love the fringe! Thanks for sharing!

Miri said...

Terrific purse! Love the zebra fabric...really makes it sophisticated!
This will definitely be the best looking bag at the football games!

Leslie said...

cute bag

Unknown said...

I love Zebra!
Come say hi!
I am following your blog also and would love if you do the same :)
Frenchy

. said...

GORGEOUS!!! Fun and elegant! :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks for all the comments and feedback! I hope to share more of my projects this Fall/Winter. You can find me on Facebook (Red Rover Designs) and Etsy.com (DoubleRDesigns)