Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's New?

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything on here so I thought I would post another update.  I am loving the Spring and warmer weather for many reasons...more daylight hours, warmer temperatures for running, and work has finally picked up at the office.  My days at the office are now filled with phone calls, paperwork, scheduling crews and maintaining Wes' & Scott's schedules (some days that is the hardest part).  When you work for a business that is somewhat seasonal things tend to go from 0 to 60 when the sun comes out!  Needless to say I don't have much time to dream of my next sewing project, but I am still trying to get a few things completed here and there.

The Half-Marathon is just 5 weeks away!  I have officially registered for the race and booked a hotel for the night before since the race begins at 6:30am in Oklahoma City.  I am starting to get nervous, but I know these next few weeks will fly by and it will be race day the next time I turn around.  My friend and "running buddy," Amber H., has been so supportive during this journey.  We have even considered taking on another half-marathon this Fall, but outside of Oklahoma!
**Just a side note...on March 12, 2011, I ran the St. Patrick's Day 5k with my best time EVER...drumroll please...30:07!!!!!!**

Me & Amber H. before the race

On to more exciting things than running...my dad and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas.  The water was beautiful, weather was beautiful, and the company was great (we went with the company he works for, ECAD, inc.).  Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Ferry boat to Nassau, Bahamas

Our resort is just beyond the palm trees if you look close.

Waiting on the ferry boat to head back to Paradise Island, Bahamas.

The ocean was BEAUTIFUL!

How about some new sewing projects???  I have always taken my lunch to work, but recently have been taking things other than a frozen dinner and have been using lots of ziploc bags which I know is not good for the environment or the wallet.  As I was searching through FacebookEtsy.com, and other blogs I saw several ideas for making reusable sandwich bags.  I have now made a few for myself and will post a few for sale in my DoubleRDesigns Etsy Shop in the near future.  They are cotton fabric on the outside and lined with washable nylon with a velcro closure.  These are great for kids snacks or sandwiches or whatever you need to take with you.

2 sizes available...snack & sandwich size

snack size


I also started making a few aprons again in preparation for Spring Cleaning, Cooking, Gardening, Mother's Day, etc.  I had a request from a good friend, Shannon, to make her a red & black apron. After making her apron I decided to make one very similar with orange ribbon.  They both turned out really cute and I have more aprons and ribbon to complete in the near future.   

3 comments:

Lori said...

I like the sandwich and snack bags!

Kimberly said...

Rebecca - Hey - was so good to see Amber and the boys here last week! I have just bought some sandwich bags like that - they are great! I wanted to note that they have a little fabric loop/handle on top that makes them easy to open on top...Also - I was telling Amber that the best bibs I have I made from M's old bath towels and fabric scraps - with fabric ties...I bet you would make some super adorable ones with wash rags and cute fabric...I thought of you and thought how you would make them so much cuter...

Unknown said...

for some reason I cannot see the sandwich bags :-( Your aprons are lovely!!

www.circuitcoachcountdown.blogspot.com