Monday, February 1, 2010

Cooking with Style

An apron with a bit of style can make cooking/baking more enjoyable and fun! I originally came up with the idea as a Christmas present for my Aunt Carole (my mom's sister) who always wears an apron when she is preparing Christmas dinner. I have some of the best memories of helping her in the kitchen on Christmas day to get everything prepared. Several years ago my sister (Amber), cousin (Lisa...Carole's daughter) and I decorated an apron with painted hand prints for her and she still uses that apron to this day. Whenever I think about my Aunt Carole I always think about how much she loves the hand print apron and all the memories helping in her kitchen. This year I decided it was time to make a new apron for her with a more "updated look". I know she still cherishes the hand print apron but I am sure there will be many memories created with her new one too!

**The photographed apron is the one that I created for my sister who also enjoys wearing an apron when she is cooking with her boys and sharing in the memories we had growing up. I knew I couldn't make one for my Aunt Carole without making one for her too.

Side note: Amber called one day to get ideas for Aunt Carole for Christmas and she told me she was thinking about ordering an apron for her. I had already purchased a red apron for Aunt Carole and a green apron for Amber when she called to tell me about her apron idea. I didn't want to spoil the surprise completely so I told Amber "that's a horrible idea"...needless to say she figured out I had the same idea, but didn't know she would be getting something similar.

No comments: