Thursday, January 14, 2010

Taking a look back...

Most of my posts have been about what I have made recently, but I wanted to take some time to post some of my purses and bags I created over the past few years. I always try to take a picture of all the bags I have made just so others can see what is possible and for my memories! Several of these purses/bags pictured were custom-made with something/someone specific in mind (I had to get creative with things when certain fabric wasn't available or was more than I wanted to pay...so I used crib sheets, t-shirts, pajama pants, etc for some of the fabrics). I used to walk through the fabric department at Wal-Mart (back when each store had one) and Hobby Lobby almost weekly to buy fabric for my "next purse/bag". My mind was always thinking of what patterns I could use together and how I could improve my designs. Over time the demand for these bags began to fade away so I took a break from sewing these specific items unless specifically requested. I have become inspired again with the recent news of several friends expecting children, but this time I would like to try some new styles. For now here are the pictures from the past few years!











1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't see a pic of my "Teacher Bag" that I absolutely LOVED!!! It went with me every day to work! (I'd get you a picture to post, but it's still in Louisiana...maybe once all of my stuff is in the same state...)